Friday 24 April 2009

Re: Life's game

I really wonder what you would call the following scene:
We(me and you, and some others) go and have a drink on a friday night*cough*cough*.
So after a while I tell everyone I've got to go because I've made another appointment.
We say goodbye to each other, and I left the room.

Now would you still call it 'life' or "life's plan" that we meet again in the same snack bar after we had our evening out? How would it ever be possible(except for coincidence, luck and faith) that we meet at exactly the right snack bar out of the thousands in the city at the same time?!
In my humble opinion I would have to say there is always a luck factor. Sometimes it's there when you need it, but it never is when you expect it to be.
Just like this evening. I went to another appointment assuming I wouldn't see the people I started the evening with again this evening. Yet we end up in the same snack bar at the right place. That's just luck... Or coincidence, or faith maybe.
I'm just trying to say(Sorry I'm drunk at the moment) that life isn't just life, there's other things that we can't measure yet that influence our behaviour in certain environments and or certain time spans.

And assuming everything is just 'as-is' isn't enough for me. I really wonder how the evening would have been if different choices have been made. For example if that one friend didn't ask his other friends to come in, which ended in a argue with the only girl we were with. The evening wouldn't probably end up the same.
Or what if I didn't told my collegues I was tired and ignored the feeling(which I originally planned to do)?

1 comment:

  1. "It isn't always about chance"
    -Alvaro

    Not gonna try to explain how and why and so on. But perhaps it was inevitable?
    Yes, I think that's my interpretation, whatever choices were made, they could not have been that radical to change the named situation. ^^

    ReplyDelete