Sunday 17 May 2009

My train rides

In addition to the previous post, I'd like to write something about the train rides I experience... I find myself in a similar position Thijs mentioned as dishwasher. 

In short: I'm studying Architectural Engineering at the University of Applied Sciences in Den Bosch. This city lies half an hour away by train from my home city. But my home city offers the same study, so people ask: Why study in an other city so far away?? So in short: the education there is so much better.

A journey like that contains several advantages. It gives you time to rest in the morning, gives you the opportunity to study, allows you to think about all those thoughts circulating in your mind...and it offers you an valuable experience to look and think about our country: Holland.

Just yesterday I had to travel way down to Roermond (for a one-day-job), which resulted in a 3 hour journey...One can have to much of a good thing... but! it is always exciting to go places you haven't been before, and seeing how the landscapes take form there. 

That's the nice thing, to see what Hollands shows us... You can look so far into the horizon, and notice how the sky dominates every sight. Add a nice relaxing song (one which fits with the weather, your mood and the scape your travelling through), and you got yourself a moment to savor=)

Even when it's raining, the sight is simply amazing. Those dark grey clouds....They emphazise the green colours nature beholds even more. All that green has such an calming effect. And in the deep distance, it's a bit foggy... all in all, a country like Holland has landscapes that shows us what's valuable about this culture, it's all so open...but can yet be so empty and lonely at the same time. It can be a real inspiration. It even makes me think about the 'Train ride' scene in one of the best animated films ever made: Spirited Away (pic below) (Thijs, we must still see this one together someday)


You know what. I think I just might take the time someday, to draw one of my moments seen from the train. Who knows, it might pop up one day on this very blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment