Friday 8 May 2009

Situations

Some situations you can find yourself in can be rather tricky, but it always depends on how you want to come out of it.

Just this week I was sitting in a full train, returning from college. I found myself sitting in a 4-persons seat corner, and yes I was lucky to sit by the window! (EVERYBODY wants to sit by the window) 

The first person to sit there (next to the window), was a blond girl with blue eyes around the same age I am. I saw the overcrowded coupé and decided to sit opposite her, next to the window (I secretly noticed her around when waiting on the platform, for the train to arrive). Soon after I sat down, a businesswoman of middle age sat next to the girl across me.

It was a great trip, with the sun going under and leaving quite a sight to look on. Not to mention the girl...! She was pretty =) 
But, I noticed she also stared at me from time to time, and very often we made eye contact. 

So eh...what the hell are you supposed to do in a situation like that? 
Hm, I know! I could wait for us to lay eyes on each other again... and ask (with the right timing) in the most sexy, but gentle way: how you doin', baby?  
But...oh, bloody hell, I forgot: it's a crowded coupé! Ah darn.

Maybe it was just my imagination, of course, maybe she didn't mean to look in my direction... But the right thing to do than, is sit back. Enjoy. Smile. And feel complimented. Looking it from a positive angle. That's what I did.

For the first 20 minutes than, because from that point... I started thinking about ways to lay contact with her... Writing things down on paper and showing it to her? No. Having a stare contest?=D Ehm...No. 
I started thinking about doing the following: 
My coat was hanging on one of those hat racks, since it was warm in the train (no, it wasn't just me...!). What if, I left my seat and 'forgot' it... and what if she would see that, and out of kindness take my coat and give it to me personally... THAN there's a opportunity to begin a conversation with her!
Ofcourse the bitch was faster than I was (or I was just plain slow, depends on how you look on it) and while waiting for the train to stop and the doors to open, there were at least 6 people between her and me. 

What? It was crowded, man...

When we got out on platform no. 7, I saw her getting onto the train on no. 6, ...wait, her train left from no. 5, there is no no. 6...I think...The point is: she was headed to Amsterdam, so yeah whatever. It would be a bummer if she lived in Utrecht.

So. There are some situations you get in, of which you want to make most of it. But hey, what the heck... so I kinda failed. Life isn't THAT short.

Oh my. I wanted to make a short post! Look at what I've done now... Buh.

No comments:

Post a Comment